Labels

7 August 2016

How To Take a Look from Day to Night

Hey guys!

Now, I am someone who can spend hours getting ready for a night out. However as I’ve gotten older and the nights out have become more frequent I have cut down my getting ready hours. While I do sometimes enjoy spending half an hour doing my tan, there are other times when there’s simply not enough time. Today I’m going to show you how I would take a look from day to night. I have to apologise for these pictures, I was just about to go out with my family so just quickly got ready and took a few snaps. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to retake and reupload these photos but for now, they will have to do!



Starting off with the outfit, white jeans are a great summer staple. They can, in my opinion, be worn casually during the day or out at night. I paired them with this khaki lace up top from Boohoo, which I have worn both to a party and out shopping. Of course I had to wear my Superstars cause when do I not?


Makeup wise I kept it very simple with BB cream, concealer, bronzer and mascara. The basics in my life! I threw my hair up in a bun and I was good to go (not that I went anywhere like this as I transitioned straight into my next look!)



Adding heels instantly spiced up this outfit. I would probably have worn black heels except that I have no idea where they are, so white had to do. As this is a long sleeve top I didn’t wear a jacket but generally I would go from hoodie to denim jacket. A leather jacket would be a great option but I am yet to purchase one. I added just a few accessories (I’m not really into them to be honest) with this classy black clutch and thick gold bangle.


I think that one of the main things to dress up any make up look is lipstick. After I took these pics I was thinking I should have gone for a red or dark lip but I just got this NYX lip liner so wanted to try it out, though for some reason you can barely see it in this picture! I also put on eye shadow, a bronzy gold look. I fully intended to put on eyeliner, more bronzer and highlighter but I just completely forgot, as I said I was in a rush! Anyway they would definitely help to take a look from cas(ual) to class. Lastly I let my hair down, literally, and tied back the front part to keep it out of my face. And voila from day to night with barely more than a shoe change and some eyeshadow!

Hope you enjoyed, soz again about the pics!

Catriona xo

36 comments:

  1. Great post dear :)I'm a new follower (n.4). Follow my back, please?
    Have a nice day.. Kisses!

    http://myspaceofbeautybygiada.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and inspiring post, girl. Perfect transition.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transition! Love the white and grey.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these two looks! The shoes are so beautiful!! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Catriona , I loved her look. kisses
    www.charme-se.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you transitioned this outfit to work for day and night! Your top is gorgeous and the color looks amazing on you!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blouse! I like this look with sandals and high heel!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on GFC and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    Blog ♡Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina♡
    My ♡Instagram♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty.. Loved the pants

    Maybe you have time to check out my recent post When you are Happy

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Pls follow and I'll follow back :)

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes sweetie! Thanks for your comment and I´m followe nº5. Please follow me too!
    Great pics! xx
    Coco and Jeans by Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to wish you a beautiful Friday, girl.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are beautiful! I loved their production and actually over time, our taste and our manias are changing. Have a blessed day, kisses!

    Blog Paisagem de Janela
    paisagemdejanela.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great styling ideas, thanks!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have such gorgeous blue eyes! love those white heels!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I love the heels too haha xo

      Delete
  15. Great ideas, love the jeans!!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  16. re: Thank you for your lovely comment on my earlier post :D

    Come and check out my new post The Style Community

    Also, would you like to follow each other on GFC? Pls follow and I’ll follow back!

    Follow me on Google Plus

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you :) I read all of my comments but please no spam! xo