Labels

6 October 2015

How To Live A Healthier Lifestyle

Hey guys!

Alright let me first start off by saying I don’t wanna be getting all preachy. I am not an extremely healthy person, nor do I claim to be. I do however try to live the healthiest lifestyle possible. That definitely doesn’t mean that I always achieve that. There are times when I’m not very healthy at all, but that’s ok too. Today I just wanted to share a few tips with you guys about how I attempt to live a healthy life. Phew, disclaimer over, let’s get on with the post!
Exercise as often as possible
I try to exercise every day of the week, except Friday when I give myself a day off. The key to getting a lot of exercise is doing something you enjoy. If you have to force yourself to go to gym it’s much less likely that you’ll actually go. Two years ago I was really into running, I would go about 4 times a week and even ran a relay marathon! However last year I stopped enjoying it so much but would still make myself run once a week. It’s much harder to get exercise when you’re dreading it. Joining a sports team/exercise class is a great way to keep yourself motivated. Things I like to do at home are YouTube workout videos and dance workouts (check out Dance Fitness with Jessica and Refitrev!). Just find something that you like to do and can look forward to.

Buy attractive workout gear
Another great way to keep yourself motivated is to have nice clothes to exercise in. I know that whenever I buy some new workout stuff I want to exercise asap so I can try them out. You don’t have to buy the best highest quality stuff, you can get pretty good workout gear from Primark/Penneys.

Take time to prepare healthy food
Sometimes it’s just so much easier to grab a packet of crisps or heat up a pizza instead of making your own food. I know that that option always seems appealing to me. But if you just spend a bit longer you can make yourself some tasty and healthy meals. Breakfast is probably my favourite meal so I don’t usually mind taking a bit of time to prepare it. The picture above shows my breakfast from the other day and something I make quite often.I mixed honey and chia seeds into greek yogurt and then topped it with goji berries, strawberries and a little granola, mmmm.

Snack less
Now I definitely struggle with this one. Because I only have small snacks I don’t think they count as much but if you count together all the snacks from one day it’s probably quite a lot! My tip is to try and cut out one at a time. For example I usually have a snack when I get home from school and later at about 8 o’clock. So I’m trying at the moment to cut out that evening snack. Obviously treats every now and again are fine though.


Drink more water
Now, I don’t have problems with this one because I drink lots of water. I don’t know why, I just get dehydrated really easily I think! My tip for you if you want to start drinking more water is too carry water bottles everywhere. I always have one with me, in school, in the car, wherever I go. If you’re not a fan of the taste of water then try adding things like lemons, limes, oranges, mint leaves, cucumber. Infused water tastes really good and supposedly is good for weight loss which is an extra bonus.

Try herbal teas
I love herbal teas and have at least one mug a day. They’re a great alternative to orange juice in the morning or a sugary drink in the evening. Also, they’re a great way to take in more water! There’s so many different types you can get, some calm you, some energise you, some make you sleepy. My favourite is definitely peppermint but the fruity varieties are really good too!

De-stress
I think people often forget that part of a healthy lifestyle is a healthy mind. Try not to get too worked up and worried about things. If you’re feeling stressed out take time to relax, do some yoga, read a book, have a pamper evening (tips here!). Practice positive thinking, if you feel happy and good about yourself, you’ll look good on the outside too. In many ways a healthy mental state is more important than a healthy physical state.

Well that’s it guys, I hope this helped you and maybe got you motivated.If you have any tips for staying healthy please don't be shy and share below!


Catriona xo

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's not actually oatmeal haha, it is yummy though! xo

      Delete
  2. Good workout gear always motivates me! Great ideas.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post dear! Hope you have a fantastic day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

    NEW POST: Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture World Traveler Palette Review, Photos & Swatches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good points, we could all do well to remember to eat well and drink lots of water.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Exactly it's pretty basic but it makes the difference! xo

      Delete

Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you :) I read all of my comments but please no spam! xo