Labels

13 July 2016

Current Skincare Routine

Hey guys!

It’s been a while since I’ve written a post on skincare. My skincare routine doesn’t change as often as it used to as my acne has gotten a lot better due to a medication I was on. However I am still really interested in skincare and love trying new products. Today I thought that I could update you on my current skincare routine. It’s quite simple and doesn’t involve very many products as I’ve come to realise that sometimes the best thing for my skin is to just leave it alone!


Night time
If I’ve been wearing makeup during the day then I will use the Simple micellar water to remove it. I don’t think that a cleanser alone could remove makeup so I use this first before going in for a second cleanse.

As my cleanser I use coconut oil. Obviously this is 100% natural as, well it’s just coconut oil! What’s weird about coconut oil is that it’s solid at room temperature so I rub it between my hands to make it all liquidy. During my recent trip to Croatia it was so hot that my coconut oil melted in its container!

Although the coconut oil leaves my skin feeling pretty soft (warning though it also leaves it quite oily!) I still like to use a moisturiser after. Currently I’m using the Nivea Daily Essentials Night Cream which is a reasonably cheap moisturiser but as I often say, it does the job! I always like to spend more money on cleansers or makeup removers, it’s not that I don’t think moisturising isn’t important it’s just that I feel like a lot of them are very similar.

If I feel a few spots while I’m applying my cleanser, I use this Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Night Treatment Gel. I have to be honest I can never really tell if this does anything or if the spots just go away themselves but both tea tree and witch hazel are good ingredients for skin anyway so it can’t be doing any harm!

Morning time
I really don’t do that much in the morning, skin wise and in general! I just splash some water on my face in the shower and then use the Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb so that I have a smooth base for my makeup. This has SPF in it which I always look for in moisturisers and makeup, though it is quite low so if it miraculously happened to be sunny in Ireland I would use sun cream after.

And that’s it! As I said pretty simple, and also pretty inexpensive, two things I wish were true with every aspect of my life.

Until next time amigos

Catriona xo 

7 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your beauty routine ! It sounds cool =) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion & beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Coconut oil for a cleanser.. that's such a great idea! I am following :)

    xx
    treatu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I highly recommend are oils for your skin. I've never thought that my skin would be so great after using it. Coconut oil is also amazing. I'm using the almond oil from Weleda since a couple of months. Moreover, cleansing is so important. I'd never realized that!!

    ❥ Vicky | The Golden Bun - Instagram TGB 
    -WIN a Braun Silk-Épil9 SkinSpa-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah coconut oil has been so great for me even though before the thought of putting oil on my skin seemed like a bad idea, it's amazing! xo

      Delete

Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you :) I read all of my comments but please no spam! xo