Labels

21 July 2016

How To Fake Tan


Hey guys!



As a true pale Irish girl, the only kind of tan my body will ever get is from a bottle. Whenever I’m somewhere that’s really sunny (i.e not Ireland!) I lather up in factor 50 and wear sun tops and baseball caps. Somehow I usually burn anyway and although I like when I get past the pain and the burn turns to tan I would prefer to stay pale in the first place. I’ll take pasty skin over skin cancer, wrinkles and dark spots thank you very much!
Anyway this is where the magic that is fake tan comes into play. Generally I only put on fake tan when I’m going out but as it’s summer I have decided that I might start applying it more often. My current tan of choice is the Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan mousse which is really easy to apply and lasts well. However as it is a mousse it tends to stick to your knees and elbows after the rest of the tan has washed off. The last time I wore this tan I got several compliments about how good it looked, which is always nice!
I think that over the years I have perfected my tanning routine and so today I will share that with you!


1.     Shave your legs
It’s best to shave the night before, otherwise the tan tends to go into your pores and make it look like you’ve got some spotty disease!

2.     Exfoliate
I like to use a scrub the morning that I want to tan. It’s good to get rid of all the gunk that could be on your skin and give you a clean base for the gunk that you’re about to put on!

3.     Moisturise
I always moisturise after I exfoliate to leave my skin nice and soft. However I have heard that if you apply tan soon after you put on moisturiser the tan doesn’t stick so I usually moisturise a few hours before tanning

4.     Apply tan
I think that it is essential to use a mitt here. Nothing’s worse than seeing someone with a nice tanned body but bright orange hands! Make sure to take your time applying tan because often people treat it like putting on moisturiser, but you really need to make sure that you’re covering everywhere. Also try not to have any streaky bits cause that never looks good!

And voila, from pasty pastry to bronzed goddess! What looks really nice is if you brush some shimmery bronzer onto your shins and shoulders to give you that extra glow.

And now go forth and make it look like you just returned from 2 weeks in Spain!

Catriona xo

7 comments:

  1. Self tanning lotions work well for me! I've never tried fake tan... and I find myself I get less and less tan every year when Summer comes, I used to get so dark when I was a kid!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should give them a go! I'm pale the whole year round anyway ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Great tips, thx for sharing, girl.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you :) I read all of my comments but please no spam! xo